Can you make your miles matter and pull on your trainers for Bede? Whether it’s the TCS London Marathon, climbing a mountain, riding your bike, everyone in Bede is behind you all the way, from start to triumphant finish! Do it your way!
Become part of Team Bede, you’ll receive great support from our friendly, local team.
- A Team Bede t-shirt running top/vest/T-shirt to wear with pride!
- Our Team Bede fundraising guide.
- Access to Bede materials – such as collection tins, posters and banners to support your fundraising.
Get inspired with some ideas below- and remember to tell us you are taking part so we can support you along the way
The Big Half is London’s community half marathon. Created in 2018, it brings together people of all backgrounds and abilities in a mass participation event that celebrates the city’s diversity.
This year’s event takes place on Sunday 3 September on a stunning 13.1-mile course on closed roads that sets off by Tower Bridge in central London and finishes at the famous Cutty Sark in Greenwich
Resident entry cost: £46 for people living in one of the event’s four host London boroughs: Greenwich, Lewisham, Southwark and Tower Hamlets
General entry cost: £56 (or £54 for members of UKA-affiliated running clubs)
Will you £ the streets for Bede? Sign up now.
Join the Summer fun and race around the inspiring grounds of London Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, the flat and fast course is the perfect opportunity for a chip timed personal best. You can chose to run a quick 5k or take on a full 10k. You’ll be running next to the famous Olympic Rings and the Velodrome. The race starts and finishes at the Olympic North Park.
Turn your miles into smiles! Sign up here.
TCS London Marathon
Take on the epic 26.2 mile tour of the UK capital’s most famous landmarks, running over the iconic Tower Bridge, past the Cutty Sark and finishing triumphantly down the Mall in the shadow of Buckingham Palace. This is truly a once in a lifetime event and achievement for many.
See what 2 runners achieved for us in this year’s race.
Choose your own Challenge
Fancy taking on an adventure of a lifetime but not sure where to start? Check out Charity Challenge for some inspiration – you can search the website for over 100 challenges throughout the world and raise money to support Bede.
How you are helping:
- £60 provides lunch every week for a year for a volunteer who has learning disabilities.
- £100 buys materials for a Bede youth club art and craft sessions for a year. These activities allow quieter young people to express themselves.
- £600 supports a Bede worker to assess the risks facing a client who is experiencing domestic violence. They can then create a safety plan together.